No. Any child or teenager can get in touch with us and talk to someone who will determine if we can help you. . State Care – Refers to anyone who has lived in nursing homes, group homes, child and youth mental health services, addiction facilities, child care centres or independent living. If you have visited one of these places, you may have had one of these custody statuses: Youth Arrangements, Extended Family Assignments, 54.1, Current Custody Order, Temporary Custody Order, Voluntary Custody Order, you should call the Child Helpline immediately. Call 310-1234 (without an area code) or dial 0 from any B.C. phone to call the carrier and request the child helpline. The Rep can help B.C`s children and teens. Federation of BC Youth in Care Networks (FBCYICN) – A provincial, youth-focused, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of youth in and out of care in British Columbia between the age of 14 and 24. Youth Agreement (YAG) – A legal agreement between a young person aged 16 to 18 and MCFD to live independently.

If you are a child or teen and want to talk to someone, call the Child Helpline at 310-1234. When talking to an employee, the duration of your agreement will be determined based on your needs and the program you are participating in. You can have more than one contract for a total of 48 months (4 years) of support. Youth Shelter: A short-term emergency shelter that provides a safe place for youth who are homeless or have broken families. Teenagers can usually stay between 1 and 30 days. Part of the representative`s role is to ensure that programs and services meet the needs of B.C`s children and youth. It has the authority to monitor and review these services and make recommendations for change. To apply for an agreement, you must be between the ages of 19 and 26 and have taken one of the following care on your 19th birthday: Aging – This happens when a minor in state custody reaches the age of 19 and is no longer in the care of the Department of Child and Family Development. A youth agreement is a legal agreement between you and the Department of Child and Family Development (MCFD) in case of extreme need. A thorough assessment of your situation will be carried out by your local MCFD office and, where appropriate, we will work with your family to meet your needs. .